commons-user mailing list archives

From Markus Härnvi <j...@harnvi.net>
Subject Re: [betwixt] Question on complex documents
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 07:21:13 GMT

Hi!

Betwixt has no problems with complex object graphs. My typical XML
files are 1.5 Mb. They contai Maps and Lists, containing other
objects and Lists.

Polymorphism can be a bit tricky. I need a .betwixt file for most of
my classes to get deserialization working.

Another area where you might need to do some extra work is when
classes need constructor arguments to be instantiated. I serialize
java.awt.Color and java.util.Locale and I had to implement
ChainedBeanCreator for them to get them deserialized. It's all in the
documentation.

I have had some issues along the way, but I don't regret going with
Betwixt. I haven't found a better way to serialize Javabeans to XML.
If I had a schema based XML to work with, I might have picked
XMLBeans or JAXB.

      /Markus