commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [scxml] Is there any visualization tool ?
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:36:18 GMT
On 11/17/06, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> this is becomming a good candidate question to go to
> FAQ ;-)
>
> Of course I as the rest of us I cannot wait to see
> such a tool in the market.

<snip/>

Indeed, those are the parts that add significant value to and from the
modeling layer. Given the demand, I think its just a matter of time
before someone decides to make that investment, and additionally make
it available to others. There are actually two transforms in this
discussion:

(a) UML state machine / activity diagram --> SCXML document
(b) SCXML document --> some visualization (such as a UML state machine diagram)

I believe (a) has come up a few times on the list, but this is the
first thread I've seen that asks for (b). Both have their place.

-Rahul

P.S.-The Commons SCXML FAQ is available on the wiki, ofcourse, all are
welcome to edit /add to it, its here:

 http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/SCXML/FrequentlyAskedQuestions