commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] enabling/disabling logging for var assignments
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:26:54 GMT
On 11/12/06, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
> Sorry to come back that late. My code is again working
> so I could follow step by step thru the code in the
> SVN and finally I could follow your suggestions, so in
> Var#execute() and Assign#execute()after:
> ctx.setLocal(name, varObj);
>
> I added:
> String varStr = varObj==null?"null":varObj.toString();
> appLog.trace( "Var." + name + "=" + varStr );
>
> The question I have now is about how to configure
> logging in SCXML. Is it done using a property file?
> Just a constant? Of course I could dig into the code
> but I guess I'll find out faster with some of your
> help.

<snip/>

Commons SCXML uses Commons Logging so the best place to start is the
Commons Logging 1.0.4 user guide [1], if you haven't looked at it
before.

The default logical name for 'appLog' is the arbitrarily chosen 'scxml.app.log'.

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/logging/commons-logging-1.0.4/docs/guide.html