commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] enabling/disabling logging for var assignments
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 18:50:58 GMT
On 11/1/06, Nestor Urquiza <nestoru@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I am using a custom log library for my Bridge and
> System layers.
>
> When I want to log transitions and onentry/onexit
> events I can do it thru the SCXMLListener
> implementation.
>
> However for var assignments and evaluations I would
> like to know the easier way to log them.
>
> Right now with more than 2000 lines of scxml I really
> need to trace every single assignment within the code.
>
> Also does anyone know about a plan to build an SCXML
> debugger? Now that I have all the Controller logic
> written in SCXML I really need that and before
> writting any code I would like to hear some advice.

<snip/>

The easiest way would be to add logging statements in

org.apache.commons.scxml.model.Var#execute(...)

and

org.apache.commons.scxml.model.Assign#execute(...)

right at the point where any Context operation -- such as
Context#set(...) -- is called. That way, it could simply be turned
on/off with the JCL configuration. Should be useful as long as the log
level is correct (probably, trace would be appropriate).

If you do this for yourself, can you please submit a patch (svn diff)?

-Rahul