commons-user mailing list archives

From "David Sills" <DSi...@datasourceinc.com>
Subject RE: [Digester] Parsing question
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:35:11 GMT
Been a while since I've used Digester directly (I tend towards using
Betwixt), but I don't see how message is really any different from
subject or from. My first try would be to remove the "/*" from the rule:

digester.addBeanPropertySetter("email/message", "message");

If that doesn't work, try enclosing the HTML in a CDATA section - it
might work better then.

If neither of these work, then my sincerest apologies for any waste of
your time.

David Sills

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Barth [mailto:Christian.Barth@godesys.de]
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 11:24 AM
To: commons-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: [Digester] Parsing question

Hello!

I'm completly new to Digester. I want to parse a XML-File to generate a
HTML-Email.

My XML has the following structure:

<email>
	<subject>some subject</subject>
	<from>someone@somewhere.com</from>
	<message>
		        <h1>BLABLABLA</h1>
		        <hr></hr>
		        <h2>blabla</h2>
		        <h2>bla</h2>
		        <h2>bla</h2>
		        <h2>Greetings,</h2>
		        <h2>bla</h2>
	</message>
</email>

My Digester configuration looks as follows:

Digester digester = new Digester();
digester.setValidating(false);

digester.addObjectCreate("email", EmailTemplate.class);

digester.addBeanPropertySetter("email/subject", "subject");
digester.addBeanPropertySetter("email/message/*", "message");
digester.addBeanPropertySetter("email/from", "from");

"subject" and "from" are correctly extracted. But the message part only
return an empty string. Is there a possibility to extract the complete
html-part (surrounded by the "message"-tag) and put it into a String?

Thanks,
Christian