commons-user mailing list archives

From Anjana Gopinath <>
Subject commons vfs SFTP outofmemory
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:52:39 GMT

i am getting an outofmemory exception while trying to do VFS SFTP for
a 20 mb file.  As suggested in one of the previous email in this
mailing list, i modified the SftpFileObject doGetInputStream and
doGetOutputStream and changed the channel.get(filename,outputStream)
to inputStream = channel.get(filename) and samething for channel.put.
This seem to have fixed the outofmemory issue, but its creating
another issue. I use a timer to invoke the ant vfs copy task for
copying files to a remote server via SFTP. i tested this with a timer
set to run every minute which invokes vfs ant and this worked for
like first 10 mts and after that it stoped copying. i am not sure
what happened as i dont see any exception in the logs. When i
reverted back to the orginal version of vfs.jar, this works but i get
outofmemory. Does anyone have the issue with SFTP? it works perfectly
for small files. But my app needs to handle big files also. Thanks
for your help

Anjana Gopinath