commons-user mailing list archives

From Anjana Gopinath <anj...@truenorth1.com>
Subject commons vfs SFTP outofmemory
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 15:52:39 GMT
Hi,

i am getting an outofmemory exception while trying to do VFS SFTP for
a 20 mb file.  As suggested in one of the previous email in this
mailing list, i modified the SftpFileObject doGetInputStream and
doGetOutputStream and changed the channel.get(filename,outputStream)
to inputStream = channel.get(filename) and samething for channel.put.
This seem to have fixed the outofmemory issue, but its creating
another issue. I use a timer to invoke the ant vfs copy task for
copying files to a remote server via SFTP. i tested this with a timer
set to run every minute which invokes vfs ant and this worked for
like first 10 mts and after that it stoped copying. i am not sure
what happened as i dont see any exception in the logs. When i
reverted back to the orginal version of vfs.jar, this works but i get
outofmemory. Does anyone have the issue with SFTP? it works perfectly
for small files. But my app needs to handle big files also. Thanks
for your help

Thanks

Anjana Gopinath