commons-user mailing list archives

From Demetri Mihalakakos <dmihalaka...@futurebrand.com>
Subject DBCP is creating active connections on its own, please help
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:34:11 GMT
I have DBCP setup and for the most part works fine... But on startup
of my application/tomcat, active connections are being created and my
application is not the one creating them or requesting them from the
pool.  It seems it may be my dbcp setup or something on my server, i
adjusted my maxActive to infinite and it grabbed over 1000
connections on startup.

here is a part of my conf file

		 <parameter>
	      <name>maxActive</name>
	      <value>100</value>
	    </parameter>

	 	<parameter>
	      <name>maxIdle</name>
	      <value>40</value>
	    </parameter>
	    <!-- Maximum number of idle dB connections to retain in pool.
	         Set to 0 for no limit.
	         -->
	    <parameter>
	      <name>minIdle</name>
	      <value>20</value>
	    </parameter>

		<parameter>
			<name>validationQuery</name>
			<value>select * from site</value>
		</parameter>

		<parameter>
			<name>testWhileIdle</name>
			<value>true</value>
		</parameter>

	    <!-- Maximum time to wait for a dB connection to become available
	         in ms, in this example 10 seconds. An Exception is thrown if
	         this timeout is exceeded.  Set to -1 to wait indefinitely.
	         -->
	    <parameter>
	      <name>maxWait</name>
	      <value>10000</value>
	    </parameter>

	    <parameter>
	      <name>defaultAutoCommit</name>
	      <value>false</value>
	    </parameter>

	    <parameter>
	      <name>defaultTransactionIsolation</name>
	      <value>REPEATABLE_READ</value>
	    </parameter>

	    <!-- Recover abandoned connections -->
	    <parameter>
	      <name>removeAbandoned</name>
	      <value>true</value>
	    </parameter>

	    <!-- Set the number of seconds a dB connection has been idle
	         before it is considered abandoned.
              -->
	    <parameter>
	      <name>removeAbandonedTimeout</name>
	      <value>300</value>
	    </parameter>

	    <!-- Log a stack trace of the code which abandoned the dB
                  connection resources.
              -->
	    <parameter>
	      <name>logAbandoned</name>
	      <value>true</value>
	    </parameter>

	     <parameter>
	      <name>timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis</name>
	      <value>60000</value>
	    </parameter>

	     <parameter>
	      <name>numTestsPerEvictionRun</name>
	      <value>3</value>
	    </parameter>

   		<parameter>
	      <name>minEvictableIdleTimeMillis</name>
	      <value>600000</value>
	    </parameter>

its very bazaar and i cant seem to figure it out.
if any one can help me out that would be great.
Demetri