commons-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Keens" <ke...@pcigeomatics.com>
Subject [vfs] DefaultFileMonitor doesn't signal when a file is created.
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:34:21 GMT

I put a monitor on a configuration file (not a folder).  During testing
I noticed that the monitoring doesn't recognize when the file is
created.  I get changed and deleted events but never a created event.

After a bit of research I realized that I have to monitor the folder in
which the file resides.  I feel it is inconsistent and requires the
developer to read the documentation more closely.  Also, it requires
extra work for the developer.  Before I say it is a bug I'd like to know
the reasoning for this design and implementation.

Steven