commons-user mailing list archives

From Markus Harnvi <j...@harnvi.net>
Subject [betwixt] losing className attribute
Date Fri, 03 Nov 2006 11:55:20 GMT
Hi!

We use Betwixt to (de-)serialize a deep graph of polymorphic
JavaBeans. The Interface is Item and it has

List getItems()

and

void addItem(Item i)

For this to work we use .betwixt files for our implementation classes
to get a className attribute added to the element.
Like this:  <item id="900567704" className="package.classname">

This works fine 99 times out of 100. But we sometimes lose beans on
roundtrip to/from XML. When I started looking into this I found that
betwixt leaves out the className attribute. <item id="900567704">

The bean could working for a week, getting loaded, modified and saved
to XML without a problem. Then suddenly className is gone. I can't
reproduce it.

I find it quite hard to debug so i would be really thankful for any
pointers. Anyone seen this happen?

Thanks in advance!

      /Markus