commons-user mailing list archives

From jsulman <Jeff.Sul...@irs.gov>
Subject UnixFTPEntryParser error
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 19:26:36 GMT

Greetings,
I am having a problem with the Apache Commons FTP api.

I am trying to get a list of files on a unix box via ftp with this simple
method:

FTPClient ftp = new FTPClient();
   try{
       ftp.connect(server);
       ftp.login(userId, password);
       FTPFile[] files = ftp.listFiles(folder);
    } catch(Exception e)  {
       e.printStackTrace();
    }

I am getting connected but the listFiles method gives me the following
exception:

Does anybody have any idea why this is happening.

Thanks in advance

Steerforth

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.UnixFTPEntryParser
       org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPFileEntryParser

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.createUnixFTPEntryParser()
       DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.java:169

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPFileEntryParser

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.parser.DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.createFileEntryParser(java.lang.String)
       DefaultFTPFileEntryParserFactory.java:94

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPListParseEngine

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.initiateListParsing(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String)
       FTPClient.java:2358

org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPFile[]
org.apache.commons.net.ftp.FTPClient.listFiles(java.lang.String)
      FTPClient.java:2141

void com.ceas.Utilities.ArchiveLogFiles.doFTP(java.lang.String,
java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.lang.String,
      java.lang.String)
      ArchiveLogFiles.java:450

void com.ceas.Utilities.ArchiveLogFiles.main(java.lang.String[])
       ArchiveLogFiles.java:458

Exception in thread main