commons-user mailing list archives

From "Brian Egger" <brian.eg...@visudio.com>
Subject Digester: Problems setting values
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 03:48:08 GMT
I am writing a calculator with Digester and I am finding that one of the
classes I have mapped out is not getting the setter values set. I was
wondering if I need to change my digester-rules.xml to do something else. I
have tried a couple of different ways to get the data but none have worked.
Below is a snippet of the rules file, anyone have any ideas?

RULES:

The classes not getting set are the ones ending with *Entry, I tried using
this method instead of the <bean-property-setter-rule

<call-method-rule pattern="entry" methodname="addEntrys" paramcount="3" />
<call-param-rule pattern="start" paramnumber="0"/>
<call-param-rule pattern="end" paramnumber="1"/>
<call-param-rule pattern="value" paramnumber="2"/>

<!-- begin when range -->
                  <pattern value="when-range">
                   <object-create-rule
classname="com.spectra.logic.core.items.WhenRange" />
                   <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="field"/>
                   <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="type"/>
                   <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="cascade"/>
                   <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="batch"/>
                   <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="inclusion"/>
                   <set-properties-rule />
                   <set-next-rule methodname="addWhenRanges" />

                   <!-- begin when range entry -->
                    <!-- <pattern value="when-range-entry">
                      <object-create-rule
classname="com.spectra.logic.core.items.WhenRangeEntry" />
                      <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="start"/>
                      <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="end"/>
                      <bean-property-setter-rule pattern="value"/>
                      <set-properties-rule />
                      <set-next-rule methodname="addWhenRangeEntrys" />

                     </pattern>
                     -->
                    <!-- end when range entry-->
                  </pattern>