commons-user mailing list archives

From "Chandri Krishnan" <chan...@gmail.com>
Subject DBCP getConnection hangs
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:54:09 GMT
Hi all,

I have code that closely mirrors ManualPoolingDataSourceExample.java
that creates a connection pool and returns a connection from it. This
is in a web application running on Tomcat 5.5.7, JDK 1.5.0_09, DBCP
1.2.1 and Oracle 9i. The dataSource.getConnection sometimes takes upto
10 minutes to return a connection. Once getConnection returns, the
query runs normally and returns the correct data. This happens all the
time for the first request after a long interval (say 2 hours).

This application is in a test environment and gets very less traffic
(perhaps 10 requests in a day), so abandoned connections is not a
problem. In any case, I have maxActive=20, removeAbandoned=true and
logAbandoned=true as connection properties. Can anyone suggest how to
troubleshoot this? Thanks in advance.

FYI, I had to write the connection pool code myself, instead of
setting it up as a Resource in Tomcat, since this code needs to be
shared with a stand alone application.

Regards,
Chandri