commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>
Subject Re: [vfs] DefaultFileMonitor doesn't signal when a file is created.
Date Wed, 22 Nov 2006 14:48:26 GMT
Hi Steven!
> I put a monitor on a configuration file (not a folder).  During testing
> I noticed that the monitoring doesn't recognize when the file is
> created.  I get changed and deleted events but never a created event.

As far as I remember this is the same with all those native file system
monitors out there, you always have to monitor the directory to get the
create event.
I don't know if I would like to change it, even if it is a valid use
case, at least, it requires some in-depth thoughts ....

@Thorsten: how will your fam behave in such a situation?

Ciao,
Mario