commons-user mailing list archives

From "C. Grobmeier" <grobme...@possessed.de>
Subject Re: [compress] Re: VFS & jar files
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:11:31 GMT
Cheers,

sorry for my delay with compress i was quite busy last months.

> 1) you finish the compress api change so that we can release it (and add
> your code for sure) :-)

There is not much to do there- look at this:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/Compress

I would like to simplify the api a bit (delete methods) but thats it.
The code could go into compress quite quick if a comitter supports it (i
am no one).

Will, could you post a link to your proposal code at the dev list again?
I could integrate your code into the compress api. I have a bit time at
the moment, so it would be great to take a closer look at it asap.

> 2) you add your zip enhancements to VFS - we added the old compress code
> so that we are able to get rid of any snapshot dependency so we can have
> a VFS release. Yes, yes I know, still no time to cut the release ....
>
> In either way, please ensure you use the org.apache.compress/vfs
> namespace, add the AFS license header and file a CLA (in case you didn't
> in the past already)
>

> For sure, I prefer the way 1.

Me 2.
Regards,