commons-user mailing list archives

From Mario Ivankovits <>
Subject [compress] Re: VFS & jar files
Date Thu, 16 Nov 2006 12:10:58 GMT
Hi Will!
> If folks are interested in code that can write to Zip Files, I've
> offered code to do this before.
Hmmm, looks like I really missed it, sorry!

> I was thinking it would make sense to put it in compress, and then VFS
> could use as well.
I don't know the status of commons-compress, there was a API change
undergoing (for sure, you know), but I am not sure whats the current
state is.

So, I see two ways ...

1) you finish the compress api change so that we can release it (and add
your code for sure) :-)
2) you add your zip enhancements to VFS - we added the old compress code
so that we are able to get rid of any snapshot dependency so we can have
a VFS release. Yes, yes I know, still no time to cut the release ....

In either way, please ensure you use the org.apache.compress/vfs
namespace, add the AFS license header and file a CLA (in case you didn't
in the past already)

For sure, I prefer the way 1.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: