commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject [logging] Any takers ? (Placing "commons-logging-1.1.jar" into "${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/endorsed" o.k.?
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:40:07 GMT
Hi there,

so far no answer has arrived via the common-user list. I would
appreciate *any* comments anyone would have to the idea to put the
commons-logging jar into the "${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/endorsed" directory
to solve incompatibility issues, if other packages have their own
commons-logging.jar, but stumble over one that may have been installed
into the Java extension directory  "${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/ext".

Preliminary tests show the problem to be solved by installing the
commons-logging.jar into the "endorsed" directory, but before changing
the installation routine to do that for a special BSF package, I would
like to learn about potential pitfalls from the experts...

Regards,

---rony

P.S.: The original message of last week was (path issue corrected):