commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rony G. Flatscher" <Rony.Flatsc...@wu-wien.ac.at>
Subject [logging] placing "commons-logging-1.1.jar" into "${JAVA_HOME}/lib/jre/endorsed" o.k.?
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2006 21:53:49 GMT
Hi there,

creating an installer for Jakarta's BSF to be placed into
"${JAVA_HOME}/lib/jre/ext" to make it available to all Java apps, also
had me put "commons-logging-1.1.jar" to the "ext" directory.

But because of reports of users of Eclipse's help system and Geronimo
(both apps won't run afterwards) I moved the "commons-logging-1.1.jar"
to the "endorsed" directory which remedied the situation.

Would there be situations where this could cause problems elsewhere?

Thanks for any hints/insights in advance!

---rony