commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to get commons-discovery 0.3 and 0.4-snapshot?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:12:01 GMT
(adding commons-dev to make sure the release problem is seen)

On 11/9/06, David Delbecq <delbd@oma.be> wrote:
> Hello, hitting a problem with commons discovery here, i wanted to try
> and upgrade from 0.2 to 0.3 or 0.4-snapshot. However the apache commons
> download area only reference 0.2 release, despite the fact
> commons-discovery project site mention '0.3 release javadoc' and "Last
> published: May 20, 2006 | Doc for 0.4-SNAPSHOT"
>
> None of 0.3 release and 0.4-SNAPSHOT are visible using the apache
> download section, only 0.2 (dating from 15-Apr-2003). This is pretty
> confusing.
>
> Where do i get the "stable" 0.3 release and the "unstable" 0.4-SNAPSHOT ?

Looks like a screw-up from the point of view of 0.3. Fortunately there
is an SVN tag for it, so we should be able to go ahead and do a proper
release, or replace the files if it was in fact done and somehow all
got lost:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/discovery/tags/DISCOVERY_0_3/

The latest snapshot can be grabbed from either:

http://people.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-discovery/

or for just the jar:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/commons-discovery/jars/

Hen