commons-user mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons Email Problem
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:01:39 GMT
Hi Luke,

It seems more like it's something underlying. The Exception comes out
of JavaMail and is an [EOF] on the SMTPTransport.issueCommands.
Googling for "javax.mail.MessagingException: [EOF]", it seems to be a
pretty generic 'something-went-wrong' kind of message.

Checking our your email server's logs to see if you can find errors
that correlate with the client side errors would be the best bet I
think. Failing that - I'd write some small JavaEmail only code (sorry)
and see if you can recreate things - then play a bit (look at the
network traffic with ethereal, try non-HTML mail in case your server
is unhappy with bad HTML (you'd think it'd only be the clients)).

Hen

On 11/6/06, Luke DeWitt <luke.dewitt@penguinfire.com> wrote:

> I have been looking furiously online, but I am finding nothing...
>
> We are thinking that perhaps we aren't properly closing the HTMLEmail object (or something
along those lines) but we really aren't too sure.