commons-user mailing list archives

From "MASTRELLA STEFANO" <smastre...@sogei.it>
Subject Variable interpolation in composite configuration
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 10:22:17 GMT
Hi everybody,

What I need to is to reference some key in a configuration file from
another config file.
As an example cosider to have this configuration file for the
CompositeConfiguration

**********************composite-config.xml**********************

<configuration>
  <properties fileName="config1.properties"/>
  <xml fileName="config2.xml"/>
</configuration>

and the following configuration file specified above

**********************config1.properties**********************
key1.property=1

********************** config2.xml **********************

<conf>
   <value name="${key1.property }"/>
</conf>

As the CompositeConfiguration load first the cofig1.properties when I
try to look for the key "value[@name]" or "value/@name" (xpath version)
with this snippet of code

ConfigurationFactory factory = new ConfigurationFactory();

URL configURL = new File("config-composite.xml").toURL();

factory.setConfigurationURL(configURL);

Configuration config = factory.getConfiguration();

String prop = config.getString("value[@name]");

I'd expected to see the value "1" as defined in config.properties,
instead of ${key1.property}.

Is there any mistakes in what I thought?
There's something more to do for variable interpolation?

TIA