commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rory Winston" <rwins...@eircom.net>
Subject Re: [NET] empty result with listFiles () method whereas I should get files
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 12:40:52 GMT
Hi

In answer to your questions:

1. Its a good point about the ParseException being swallowed, I'll make a note to have a look
at that.

2. This is probably just a result of the way that the client parsing code was developed (on
the assumption that the date format would be one of a certain number of possibilities). 95%
of the time, this is a correct assumption, but there are certain cases (like yours) where
you need to manually tell FTPClient what the format is. I suspect the simple answer is that
FileZilla et al. simply have a more sophisticated date parsing implementation. It may be instructive
to have a look at what they actually do.

Thanks
Rory