commons-user mailing list archives

From Simon Kitching <skitch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] Any takers ? (Placing "commons-logging-1.1.jar" into "${JAVA_HOME}/jre/lib/endorsed" o.k.?
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:22:43 GMT
Hi,

I don't know of any issues that might occur.

I think putting libs into the java install is a pretty ugly thing to do
though. Applications should stand alone. I'm also against putting webapp
libs into appserver shared directories, etc. though the whole world
appears to disagree with me on that one.

Regards,

Simon