commons-user mailing list archives

From "Dion Gillard" <dion.gill...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JEXL] Execution difference between Expression and Script
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:53:24 GMT
On 10/14/06, Pascal LAVAUX (Yahoo) <plavaux@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> No, CodeLibelle is a public class.
>
> In fact I tried 3 or 4 things in my Script, and nothing seemed to work! I
> thaught my code was completly bad, but when I tried a single Expression it
> worked! I can't see what's wrong, I tried with or not semicolon, ... The result
> is always the same.

Can you post the CodeLibelle class?

I've added a test to the ScriptTest class and run it locally. See
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=463704 for details.
That works fine.

I'd appreciate any help recreating your issue, and getting a test that
recreates it.

> One more info, the object return by e.evaluate() or s.execute() is always null.

That's what I'd expect given the expression. The setCode method
doesn't return a value does it? If you had an expression like:
    'resultat.setCode('OK');return resultat.code;'
then I'd expect a non-null return value.

If you could help track this one down, that would be fantastic!

Thanks,