commons-user mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <>
Subject Re: [Betwixt] Unescaped characters
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 15:49:44 GMT
On 10/9/06, <> wrote:
> Hi,
> I use Betwixt to create Xml documents for my Ajax app.
> The IE now tells me that there are invalid characters (I guess it is the
> "&amp;").
> So how can I tell the Writer to escape certain characters?
> I saw that there are some strategies but no default implementation. How
> should such a strategy look like?

I haven't actually used betwixt, but there is a base
MixedContentEncodingStrategy where all you have to do is indicate
whether a specific element should be encoded as CDATA or escaped:

That base class uses the XMLUtils in betwixt:

Commons Lang also has a function for escaping XML - so maybe you could
use that to create an implementation:

> Thanks alot!
> Karola

To unsubscribe, e-mail: