commons-user mailing list archives

From Michael Thomson <mich...@canb.auug.org.au>
Subject [POOL] Problem when blocking waiting to borrow from pool
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 05:38:45 GMT
Hi,

I have an app running in JBOSS

I am trying to use the GenericObjectPool.

I have two "user" objects and one "pool" object

MaxActive =1
pool.setWhenExhaustedAction(pool.WHEN_EXHAUSTED_BLOCK)

It appears that when one "user" object is blocked waiting on a
borrowObject() when the other "user" object attempts to returnObject(),
both "user" objects "hang" until the maxWait time is reached?

I can go into more detail if anyone thinks it will help.

Anyone seen this problem, or have any suspicions, is JBoss likely to be
interfering with anything here, anyone doing anything similar, it seems
like a very basic use case?

Thanks in Advance,
Michael