commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <jbre...@wi.rr.com>
Subject [vfs] How to *not* create directories if the don't exist?
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:25:21 GMT
Is there a way in VFS to not create directories if they appear to not
exist?  Using an ftp provider, there is a way to specify devices in the
url, they don't exist in the directory listing, but you can get a stream
from them.

ftp://some.vms_server.com/my$device/path1/path2/filename

Here my$device is akin to a drive letter in dos/windows.
AbstractFileObject defines the template method that any directory not
present should be created, but in this case we don't want to create the
directory, just nav through it.

Is it possible to change this behavior programmitcally or through
configuration?