commons-user mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <>
Subject Re: using commons-logging in webapp w/ log4j, can't find my properties
Date Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:21:58 GMT
Jason Novotny wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have a webapp and I have deployed common-logging-1.1 jar and
> log4j-1.2.11 in my WEB-INF/lib directory of my webapp. I have also place
> a file in my WEB-INF/classes directory. However, when
> the webapp runs, I see only INFO level is being logged. It all worked
> fine when I placed some line of the form
> PropertyConfigurator.configure(url);
> which forces a log4j to use the supplied config file, however I didn't
> think this was necessary--
> Any help is greatly appreciated!
>    Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason

We have been using a setup just like yours on Tomcat for a long time.
Recently we switched from to log4j.xml and just place
the xml file in WEB-INF/classes as well.

What container are you running your application on?

Dennis Lundberg

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message