commons-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Heger <oliver.he...@oliver-heger.de>
Subject Re: [CONFIGURATION] nested interpolation; interpolate methods
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2006 14:07:10 GMT
Ivan Kovalenko wrote:
> Hi, this is my first time appearance here.
>
> There are two questions i'd like to ask
> 1. "interpolateMethods"
>    i've come across a problem where i want to get a configuration
>    being finally interpollated. I mean that, after being interpolated
>    this configuration stops update other keys when source key changed.
>    I think, its more comfortable method that have static interpolate
>    against object which is single and is not bulk. Will be such
>    feature included into the next release?
I am not sure if I understand what you mean by this. Do you mean a
method, which replaces all ${} variables in all properties by their
current values at once?

> 2. When working with interpolation subsets usage occassionaly breaks
> up any interpolation, becouse interpolation is defined by absolute
> path for a property, and subset is chrooting interpolation. Is it a bug
> or a feature?.
Well, it may be that interpolation in subsets is not always handled in a
consistent way. Do you have any concrete examples or test cases where
interpolation does not work as expected? I will then have a look.

Thanks
Oliver