commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew <li...@serff.net>
Subject Re: [fielupload] how much big size file can be handled?
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 14:26:17 GMT
This confuses me.  Why would the VM or the OS matter when streaming a
file?  Are you trying to stick the entire file into memory?  I'm not
having any problem now that I am using the 1.2 nightly build.  I
uploaded a 5GB file yesterday and it worked fine for me.  I'm running on
RedHat on a 64 bit platform though, but still...I don't get why that
should matter when all you are doing is reading bytes from one stream
and writing them to another in small (<2GB) chunks.  Am I missing
something here?

Andrew