commons-user mailing list archives

From Jacob Fenwick <jfenw...@mitre.org>
Subject [fileupload] getting filename from FileItem in browser independent way
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:28:13 GMT
Hello,

I've built a fileupload jsp and I want to get the original filename of a
file. I put the file into a FileItem object and use the getName
function. When I'm in Firefox it works perfectly, as it gets just the
name and not the path. However when I'm in IE it uses the entire path of
the file as the name. I want it to work the way it does in Firefox, I
want to get only the name and not the path. Has anyone encountered this
problem, and if you did, how did you solve it?

Thanks,
Jacob