commons-user mailing list archives

From Andrew <li...@serff.net>
Subject Re: [fielupload] how much big size file can be handled?
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:04:00 GMT
I'm running into the same problem.  I send this email to the list on
Friday, but never heard back from anyone...maybe it will get looked at here:

I'm trying to upload files larger than 2GB.  It seems I can send a file
larger, but FileUpload throws an exception when it is larger than 2GB.
It throws:
FileUploadBase$UnknownSizeException: the request was rejected because
its size is unknown.
I'm assuming it can't get the content size because it overflowed an
int.  Now, I don't care if it knows how big the file is, I just want it
to take when ever file is sent to it.  Is there a way to disable this
check?  I'm already setting setMaxSize(-1) (the default) but that
doesn't seem to matter.
Let me know if you all have any ideas.
Thanks!
Andrew