commons-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [commons ftp] help! FTPClient.isConnected() does not work.
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 00:12:59 GMT

In message <454681D8.9080104@eircom.net>, Rory Winston writes:
>Not without the source. If you have the source and are willing to make a
>change, then you can access the SocketClient's underlying _socket_
>variable directly.
>

>Anil Philip wrote:
>> Is it possible for me to access that call directly?
>> (So that my code will work)
>> thanks,

It's a protected variable.  You should be able to subclass FTPClient and
override isConnected with your own implementation that uses the
JDK 1.4 API call.

daniel

-#-#-#-#-| Sleep and The Traveller |-#-#-#-#-#-#-#- http://www.savarese.org/
In distant lands, I hear the call of my home.     #     s a v a r e s e
Yet my work is not done.  My journey's just begun.-    software research
 -- http://www.sleepandthetraveller.com/          # http://www.savarese.com/