commons-user mailing list archives

From Dmitry Negoda <>
Subject Re: [VFS] unexpected http connect
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 11:58:15 GMT
On Mon, 02 Oct 2006 13:38:19 +0200
Mario Ivankovits <> wrote:

> What do you mean by "must authorize twice"?
> I understand how proxy server works, but you as developer have to
> provide the required credentials, you can cache them in your code.
> Having two HttpClient connections to the same server is not that a
> problem, is it?

I use a wrapper for HttpClient which asks for proxy password in a GUI form, that's why I'm
going into trouble. It will be more convenient if I could configure my own HttpClient and
provide it to vfs.

Question. How can I specify proxy username/password for vfs?

Sincerely yours,
Dmitry Negoda
Lead developer

Glavpochtamt, p/o box 5152.   [web site]
432072 Ulyanovsk, Russia      [ phone  ] +7-(8422)-429038 (9:00-18:00 GMT +4)
                              [ fax    ]  1-270-568-5165

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message