commons-user mailing list archives

From "Patricio Galeas" <patri...@galeas.de>
Subject Digester : parsing ill-formed attribute ...
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 20:02:48 GMT
Hello,

I have a set of XML files which contain an ill-formed attribute:

<F P=10> some text </F>

... quotes are not defined for the P value.

When I try to parse the documents with Digester, I obtain the following
error message:

Exception in thread "main" org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Open quote is

expected for attribute "P" associated with an  element type  "F".

        at

com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown

Source)

        at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1631)

I don't need really the value of the attribute P. Only is important the
information contained between <F> and </F>.

Is there a way to ignore the attribute definition and parse these documents
without to fix the XML files?

Thank you

Patricio