commons-user mailing list archives

From "Holger Hoffstaette" <hol...@wizards.de>
Subject [pool] Any existing util.concurrent implementations?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 00:53:17 GMT

Hi,

Are there any implementations of StackObjectPool/KeyedStackObjectPool that
make use of ConcurrentHashMap, Lock and especially the lock-free
ConcurrentLinkedQueue instead Vector? I cannot imagine I'm the only one
who would like to see these, maybe as an optional jdk5 extension or
initial 2.0 branch. The only dealbreaker for CLQ could IMHO be the bounded
number of entries which might need some deep thought (being a hot field),
but other than that..any ideas or existing code in this direction?

thanks
Holger