commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Boolean getters in Betwixt
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:57:28 GMT
On 9/25/06, J. H. <jhumph@efn.org> wrote:

> I can confirm that! This weekend i traced through Betwixt's attempt to
> extract the properties of my bean and saw that it was in
> java.beans.Introspector where
> the list of properties were coming from and my "Boolean isSomeValue()" was
> not being put in that list. At that point i kind of assumed Craig's
> assessment: it's
> probobly not a valid getter. So at this point i'm weighing whether to do
> the extend-solution you mentioned versus just doing some after-the-fact
> tweaking the
> XML being returned.

If you are interested in the precise details of things like what method
names are valid, the JavaBeans Specification[1] makes interesting reading.
It's short enough not to overwhelm ... especially if you just focus on the
chapters about properties.

Craig

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/javabeans/reference/api/index.html