commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Transition wildcard supported?
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:04:53 GMT
On 9/16/06, Jon Brule <tricolorcat@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was trying a event transition using a wildcard (<transition
> event="*" cond=".." target="state"/>) within the JEXL standalone tool,
> but the wildcard did not appear to match any event. Instead, the tool
> only responded when I entered the event "*".

<snip/>

Correct, that is the implemented behavior, and was mostly based on the
(limited) description available in the July 05 WD.

> Is the event transition wildcard supported within Commons SCXML?

<snap/>

As you mention above, a TriggerEvent with name * matches all
transition events (event attribute on transition element). The latest
WD also mentions that a event attribute value of * on a transition
element should match all triggers. So, seems we'll need to support the
latter as well. Can you please open a JIRA issue [1] so we don't
forget about this? Thanks!

-Rahul

[1] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/issue-tracking.html