commons-user mailing list archives

From "Ray Shi" <ray.b....@gmail.com>
Subject [Jelly] Retrieving properties of Java beans in scripts
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2006 01:42:15 GMT
Hi there,

In the Java code, if I creat an Order bean instancen, and set it to the
variable 'order' in the Jelly context as showed in the folllowing code
snippet,
…
myJellyContext.setVariable("order", order);
…
myScript.run(myJellyContext, output);

Then in the Jelly script, I would expect the jelly:core expr element <j:expr
value='${order.customer.name}'/> would return "Bob Smith" which is the value
of the nested 'name' property.

However with the current Jelly implementation, it returns a null value.

So how do I access the properties of Java beans added into the Jelly context
from within the Jelly scripts?

Thanks in advance
Ray