commons-user mailing list archives

From "Hernán Seoane" <hseo...@gmail.com>
Subject Call a method in an external class
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 14:44:46 GMT
Hello, I'm using Commons Digester to parse a XML similar to this:

<element>
   <name>Name of the element</name>
   <categcode>CATEG_1</categcode>
</element>

Where 'categcode' is a code for the element's category. This category is
actually a Category object, and I need to fetch it with the use of a
service.
What I need is a way to call a method in that service directly from the
Digester rules XML (e.g. CategoryService.getCategory(String categ) ) that
sets this category in the Element as an object. Have in mind that I'm trying
to do is to avoid calling this service from the Element object itself,
because it is a business model object.

Thanks in advance,
Hernán P. L. Seoane