commons-user mailing list archives

From "Sweetland, Jesse" <JSweetl...@talk.com>
Subject RE: Boolean getters in Betwixt
Date Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:22:30 GMT
That would explain it.  Betwixt uses java.beans.Introspector to generate
java.beans.PropertyDescriptors, which only recognizes spec-valid bean
properties.  Betwixt allows you to specify an mutator method override via
the "updater" attribute, but as far as I can tell by looking at
ElementRule.java, it does not have any way to override the accessor method.
Your best bet is probably to rename the accessor method to getFoo() instead
of isFoo(), or if you do not have access to the class itself, extend the
class and add a getFoo() method that calls super.isFoo().

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig McClanahan [mailto:craigmcc@apache.org]
Sent: Saturday, September 23, 2006 1:50 AM
To: Jakarta Commons Users List
Subject: Re: Boolean getters in Betwixt

On 9/22/06, J. H. <jhumph@efn.org> wrote:

> Alas, this still doesn't recognize "public Boolean isSomeValue()" as a
> valid getter, though i suspect if i could get that to work i'd also have
> implement
> these steps as well in order to get everything running smoothly. Which
> leads to the question:

FWIW, this is *not* a valid getter, according to the JavaBeans spec that
defines the introspection rules.  The "is" prefix only works for properties
of type boolean (the primitive), not Boolean (the wrapper class).  If
Betwixt is not recognizing that, it seems to me that it is doing the correct
thing.

Craig McClanahan