commons-user mailing list archives

From Rory Winston <rwins...@eircom.net>
Subject [VOTE] Release [net] version 2.0
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2006 16:47:11 GMT
Hi all

I would like to gauge support for a release of Commons::Net 2.0. The
major changes are:

* FTPS (SSL/TLS) support has been added
* FTPClient doesnt extend TelnetClient any longer
* The build now uses Maven 2
* [net] is now standalone - no external dependencies outside the JDK itself
* One new FTP parser (Netware) has been added, and the MVS parser has
been heavily updated
* A mini "FTP-only" jar (~ 90k) is available for clients who just need
FTP functionality
* Deprecated classes and methods have been removed

A full list of changes can be found here:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/site/changes-report.html

I have made the distribution (*unsigned* as yet) available for inspection:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/

And the site is available:

http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/site/

Thanks