commons-user mailing list archives

From Madhwaraj Rao <madhwaraj_...@yahoo.com>
Subject [SCXML] Need to resume a state machine (SCXML-19)
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 05:40:27 GMT
Hi,

I have the following use case:

A state machine defines states {S1, S2, S3, S4}.
This state machine can run from state S1 -> S3 and
would be waiting on an event to transition to S4. I
will persist the "state" of this state machine some
place and the state machine would be decomissioned.
At a later point in time, I want the ability of a
newly instantiated state machine to "resume" from
state S3.

I tried setting the SCXML.setInitialState(), but on
instantiating the engine, it invokes the OnEntry
actions and listeners on the resumed state. But this
is not desirable, as these actions would have been
executed earlier.

In short, I need an ability to suspend a state machine
and resume a new state machine from where the original
one left off.

Can you please point me to existing functionality that
can achieve this? I have raised a WISH List issue in
JIRA (SCXML-19).

Thanks
--
Raj