commons-user mailing list archives

From "Karr, David" <david.k...@wamu.net>
Subject RE: How to make HttpClient NOT send "Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive"?
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:12:28 GMT
I'm confused.  This seemed like it would work.  I added two subclasses,
one called "GetMethodNoKeepAlive", and the other
"PostMethodNoKeepAlive".  I created instances of those instead of
"GetMethod" and "PostMethod".  Each of the subclasses has an empty
"addProxyConnectionHeader" method, except for a print statement saying
it got there.  I monitored the execution in Ethereal.  When it executed,
I saw the print statements execute, but my timing behavior made it look
like it made no difference.  In my Ethereal results, I still see the
"Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive" when it connects to the external host.

I even tried overriding the "shouldCloseConnection" method to return
true, in both classes.  Still no effect.