commons-user mailing list archives

From "Craig McClanahan" <craig...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Shale + SCXML integration:
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:06:47 GMT

> > On 8/30/06, THOMAS, JAYANT (SBCSI) <jt8437@att.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ok, Thanks, so basically for each user/session we will have a single
> > > instance of the SCXMLExecutor
> <snip/>
>
> Yes, additionally, if more than one dialogs is active in the same
> session at the same time, then more than one.
>

> > We'll still need to look at synchronization, though ... it's legal for
> there
> > to be multiple requests active on the same session, and the likelihood
> of
> > that increases a lot if you're using AJAX style callbacks.
> >
> <snap/>
>
> Correct, we need to look at it.

If we use an executor per active instance of a dialog (i.e. per ScxmlContext
in the sandbox API), then we don't have to worry about anything -- a JSF
view can only be accessed by one thread at a time, so we should be OK.  The
only time we'd have to worry about it is if shared a single executor for an
entire user, in session scope.

-Rahul

Craig