commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shale + SCXML integration:
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:12:49 GMT
<snip/>

> If we use an executor per active instance of a dialog (i.e. per ScxmlContext
> in the sandbox API), then we don't have to worry about anything -- a JSF
> view can only be accessed by one thread at a time, so we should be OK.  The
> only time we'd have to worry about it is if shared a single executor for an
> entire user, in session scope.

<snap/>

Thats great, thats what the dialog2 patch from earlier today does.
OTOH, the usecases example on the Commons SCXML website follows the
legacy dialog API, so warrants a note to that effect.

All state machine abstractions will have a critical region, wonder how
other "dialog" technologies have solved this.

-Rahul