commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] How to express 'evnet name/action' of a transition in Commons SCXML?
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:43:40 GMT
Corrected prefix in email subject ...

On 8/28/06, Guofeng Zhang <guofeng@radvision.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For a transition in a statechart, we can depict the transition as "event
> name/action" in UML diagram, but I do not know how to express it in
> commons SCMXML. I want to call a method in a Java class in the action
> when the event is fired.
>
> I read the user guide and browse the SCMXL specification; they only
> describe how to use actions in a state. I can not figure out how to use
> the action in a transition.
>
> Could anyone kindly give me a sample about it?

<snip/>

<transition event="foo.bar" cond="..." target="...">
   <my:actions ... />  <!-- one or more standard, or custom actions -->
</transition>

Maybe also see:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/guide/using-commons-scxml.html

for a discussion about what it means to map a generic state machine to
a particular domain of interest.

If you have other questions, please let us know.

-Rahul