commons-user mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Using the markup language to produce state charts in Windows XP/Explorer Client-side?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 20:27:34 GMT
On 8/16/06, Talmage Wesley <twesley@visual-ii.com> wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> I appreciate the detailed response.  The question I have is simple.  If one wishes to
use the markup language as one would with HTML
> to make web pages.  Does the SCXML allow for making web pages with state charts embedded
in them and viewable through a browser like Explorer?

<snip/>

Not yet, though that is the vision.

W3C standards take time (in years) to reach a recommendation, at which
time various browsers begin their adoption curves. I would expect
implementations to appear in Gecko based browsers (Moz, Firefox) first
when that happens, but we never know.

The implementation here (Commons SCXML) is aimed at creating a generic
Java SCXML engine. Sorry, but there is no way to use it within IE
without additional effort. It'd be possible to use element behaviors
[1] to introduce the SCXML namespace, ofcourse that would need new
development outside of Commons.

-Rahul

[1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/author/behaviors/overview/elementb_ovw.asp