commons-user mailing list archives

From "Jesper Carlsson" <jca...@gmail.com>
Subject [commons-net] FTP – missing folder / directory
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2006 08:27:58 GMT
I'm using commons net (commons-net-1.4.1.jar) to connect to a FTP
server. I'm able to use FTPClient.listFiles() to get files and
FTPClient.changeWorkingDirectory() to change directory. Everything
works fine but suddenly I notice that at least one directory at the
FTP server is not visible from the FTPClient. I don't receive the
directory when calling listFiles() in it's parent directory, and I
can't enter the directory with changeWorkingDirectory(). The directory
is visible from other FTP clients like Windows XP built in FTP GUI
client. I think the missing directory was visible from commons net
before, but I'm not completely sure. There is nothing strange with the
directory name but it contains around 1100 sub directories and 25
files. I have no control over the FTP server and I don't know what
application it is running, neither am I able to let you test the
server. Any ideas?

Any suggestions or help appreciated, thanks!