commons-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Peter" <tho...@braindumped.com>
Subject Re: [configuration] Issue with combinedConfig from Factory
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2006 09:27:17 GMT
>The next release will contain an alternative class called
>DefaultConfigurationBuilder. This class works very similar to
>ConfigurationFactory, but provides true hierarchical processing.

ok, i got the rc, and tried the following:

DefaultConfigurationBuilder builder = new DefaultConfigurationBuilder();
try {
	builder.setFile(new File("config.xml"));
	CombinedConfiguration conf = builder.getConfiguration(true);
} catch (ConfigurationException e) {
	e.printStackTrace();
}

i used the xml-files from my OP and got the same result.

what would be the best (or working) :) solution for the following problem.

i want a central configuration file, where i can include other
configurations-files.
the other included configurations should not be merged, but be a huge
union, so _no_ value gets overriden by an other, and i can access all
values.

thank you,
thomas