commons-user mailing list archives

From "German Sibay" <gsi...@hexacta.com>
Subject [commons beanutil] - null, LongConverter, where (or when) should a new converted be registered?
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2006 14:51:01 GMT
Hi
While working with BeanUtils I found that the default LongConverter converts a null to a Long
0. I needed a null so I wrote my own Converter.
The question is where should I put it?
I don´t really know where is that the converters are initialized the first time.
Must I register this converter every time before using BeanUtils.setProperty? Is Ok if I access
beanUtils through a singleton created by my witch registers the converter in the constructor?
Where in my application should I register my converter?
Thanks!

Germán Sibay.